Monday, December 3, 2012

What's Next

With the amount of time that it took, I did the unthinkable. I have finally completed my first project and I am ready to move forward with my next. I accepted a challenge to create a Gingerbread Icing Scarf, a free pattern I found on Ravelry and can be downloaded at the following site. This scarf will incorporate cable knitting and alternation between two colors, which I know will give me a run for my money. But there is no other way to maximize your learning experience than to attempt a project that seems beyond your league.

For this project, I do not want to deviate from the instructions of the pattern, just to be on the safe side. The pattern calls for four skeins (balls) of yarn, two skeins for each color that I haven't fully decided on yet. I already have my size US 8 (5mm) needles, my crochet hook, which is beneficial when mistakes occur while working, and scissors for absolute emergencies. As soon as the storm of final exams is over, I will be headed to the craft store to select my yarn and start my second project. However, in the few minutes I can spare, I will be practicing the cable knit with yarn that I bought a few months ago to familiarize myself with the technique.

By the way, I have a small favor to ask of you all. If there is a pattern that you have seen and would like to try, I say go for it. We are all learning and growing so, if you do decide to go out on a limb with me, I would love to hear your experiences and the pattern you have chosen. Stay encouraged and try the unimaginable!


[Knit to your heart's content!]

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you! I had to tell you tht as soon as I saw your finished scarf. Great job girl!! Also, I would like to add that your writing has developed even more and that is wonderful. It was a pleasure watching you make these crafty creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement! I am glad that both my knitting and my writing has improved over the course of this class and that I was able to share it. It feels great knowing that someone has seen my growth and progress and as always it is a pleasure to share this experience. Thank you!=]

    ReplyDelete